- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Desire to learn and educate others
- Positive attitude
- Multitasking ability
- Open Dental experience is a plus!
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please reply to this ad with a resume and two professional references. We look forward to hearing from you!
The key role of an employee who works as an Accounts Receivable is to ensure their company receives payments for goods and services, and records these transactions accordingly. An Accounts Receivable job description will include securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts, and resolving any discrepancies.
To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under his or her control.
Job Description Duties Summarized from 3 different sources
- Maintaining the billing system and unapplied payment report
- Generating and sending out invoices and account statements
- Performing account reconciliations
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records
- Producing monthly financial and management reports
- Investigating and resolving any irregularities or inquiries/payment discrepancies
- Fee Negotiations with insurance companies
- Claim submissions
- Handle appeals with insurance companies
- Collection calls/ collection agency tracking and submissions
- Attachment familiarity with insurances
- Assisting in general financial management and analysis
- Follow up on, collect and allocate payments
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, open balances and other irregularities
- Review AR aging to ensure compliance
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc
- Process credit card payments, memos, adjustments and applications
- Help if needed prepare bank deposits
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- Assist with month-end closing
- Collect data and prepare monthly metrics
- Contact customers for payment on past due accounts
- New customer set up and account maintenance
- Respond to enquiry from customers, and research/resolve outstanding credit issues
- Monitor credit holds in Account Receivable
- Process release of lien requests
- Handle customer payments received in house and send to lockbox when necessary
- Process tax-exempt certificates
- Work with salespeople on their accounts/collections
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
*A bachelor’s degree is not technically required for an A/R role, but experience in accounting is, (Robert Half)
If they have a degree, should be in one of the following fields:
Finance or Economics
Business Studies or Administration
- Knowledge of accounts receivable
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of general accounting principals
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- 1-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
- An ability to prioritize and manage expectations
- An ability to work independently
- The ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with other people within the company
- Information management
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Stress tolerance
- Sense of urgency
- Customer service skills
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent telephone skills
- Team player — ability to share information within the department and company