Looking for an amazing hygienist wanting to grow personally and professionally at our Spokane Valley, WA location.
Our Vision: Multi-doctor practice with all specialty procedures in one place. Personal and professional growth and advancement. Patient-centered. Building relationships. Ultimate convenience and patient experience. Modern technologies.
Our Culture: Work hard and play hard. Fun at work. Discover and embrace our individual gifts, and then share those with our patients, team members, and families. Celebration and acknowledgment of our achievements.
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- 401K matching
- Bonus structure
- Yearly uniform stipend
- Prepare and properly set up treatment rooms for hygiene procedures. Review and update patient’s health history; chart progress, treatments, and home care compliance.
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums using dental instruments, including scaling and root planning for patients with periodontal disease
- Assess and evaluate patients through exams, patient records, and patient’s medical history to assist in the diagnosis of dental hygiene problems, disease, and efficacy of administered treatment plans. Complete scheduled treatments.
- Recognize early signs of periodontal disease; chart restorations and notate areas of concern.
- Capture x-rays using our digital process; capable of interpreting x-rays independently.
- Use probes to examine gums to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
- Communicate findings to patients and doctors.
- Select, mix, and place materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth, as needed.
- Educate and motivate patients on proper oral hygiene and corrective/preventative measures.
- Work chair side with Dentist, assist the doctor in hygiene examination.
- Assist in sterilization duties.
- Maintain hygiene handpieces and instruments in good repair and sufficient supply.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings displaying exceptional skill
- Time management in order to set and maintain own and subordinate procedure and task schedules.
- Apply fluorides and other cavity-preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
- Pay is dependent on experience
- Schedule – We are a practice open 7 days a week, we will need this position to be available for possible weekends and/or evening shifts
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Desire to learn and educate others
- Positive attitude
- Multitasking ability
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Open Dental experience is a plus!
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $40.00 – $44.00 per hour DOE
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your current cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!